Best Flashing Sealant

Looking for opinions on non-asphalt-based sealants that are UV stable. I have seen polyurethane, butyl, acrylic and silicone. (1) Which of these formulations do you think is best? (2) Please suggest a brand that is readily available at Ace, Tru-Value, Home Depot or Lowes because I will need it soon. I would prefer not to have a black color. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you. Frank

*I have been using GE Silicone gutter and flashing formula available at Home Depot in limited quantities. It remains pliable and comes in clear. It has a limited shelf life so they don't stock more than a box or two.
Thanks John. That is what I decided to use and it seems to work super- leak almost gone. (Now what have I missed??)
On Tue, 31 Aug 2010 08:36:49 -0400, "John Grabowski"

On 8/30/2010 9:03 PM, frank1492 wrote:

This is the best I've ever used
http://www.sashcosealants.com/home_improvement/lexel.aspx
LdB
thank you I will see if I can find some...