Best flashing for the roof

Hi,
Here's the roof that I will replace to put skylights in:
http://freeboundaries.com/hole.jpg
I'm getting varying opionions on the best way to flash it at the stone wall (that you can actually barely see in the picture).
Some say that reblet with a copper flashing is the best. Others say that water can get in there, freeze and pop it out and that copper will turn green and eventually streak the shingles. Others say it's the best way to go.
What's your opinion?
Many thanks in advance,
Aaron

What's the pitch of that roof? Skylights don't perform well on a pitch less than 4 in 12, and they'll leak. Copper's verdigris won't stain the shingles, but in order to handle all the convolutions of that stone, your counterflashing should probably be lead. Might as well use lead for the flashing, too. What type of skylight are you planning to install, curb mounted/flashed properly or "self-flashing"? Tom
that looks more like a wall than a roof.