Best Finish for Cedar Deck?

We just built a cedar deck for our house and I'm curious what the best finish would be to protect it?
Although Thompsons Waterseal gets a lot of advertising, I seem to recall reading a lot of negative reports about it.
We've used Olympic stains on our current redwood deck with decent results, but they seem to need reapplied every two years to stay looking good.
I'm not sure yet if we'll stain the wood, or just put on a clear protector.
Any recommendations?
Thanks,
Anthony

protector.
Over time, the UV rays will weather the cedar. If you like that, I'd stick with a good brand of oil based treatment. Avoid things like polyurethane as they will have to be redone too frequently and look very shabby after a few years of sun. (as compared to a good oil finish) Olympic or Cabot is good Ed

protector.
try Penofin
Consumer Reports for August had a report on their on-going testing of deck finishes.

results,
Just sealed mine with Cabot's after searching the boards, lots of recs for them.
I think they rated at 4 years with Consumer Reports, years ahead of Thompsons. At $28 a gal it's pricey, but if it lasts like the claims, it will be cheaper and less work in the long run.

wrote (with possible editing):

I'd take a look at the Sikkens products. We use them here with very good luck - applied to decks several 3 years ago and still no need for a re-coat.
-- Larry snipped-for-privacy@lmr.com