Best exterior paint for metal gates?

I am doing a painting project for my church. I am painting some large metal gates which secure portions of the church when it is closed. I have prepared the surfaces of the gates (i.e., removed chipping paint, sanded and cleaned) and applied a rusty metal primer. At the suggestion of the paint person at Lowes, I bought a gallon of an exterior latex from Lowe's: American Tradition 100% Acrylic Semi-Gloss Houise and Trim.
After buying the Lowe's paint, I've begun to have second thoughts. The gates are exposed to direct sunlight several hours of the day. I want the paint job to last for some years. Are there better options for paint than the one I selected if the objective is longevity? I would appreciate some advice.
Thanks, Al Kondo
That is house and trim paint. I would go for an exterior oil gloss paint, the type that your local car repair shop uses to repair car paint. It lasts on a car, it should last on a gate. I have also had good results with a "rust" paint such as "Tremclad" or "Rustoleum", especially when used over a quality metal primer instead of direct on the metal.

Al Kondo wrote:

If you are looking for quality paint it is better to avoid the box stores and go to a real paint store.

AK. 5 years ago I sanded and primed the top of my truck and spray canned with Krylon Gloss White. Truck sits out all the time, not garaged. Paint still in excellent condition. WW
Al Kondo wrote:

Yes there are better options. Any kind of latex paint is a poor options on metal. If I were you I would use a gloss Rust Oelum oil base. I assume your rusty metal primer was oil based, so all you need to do is spray on the oil based paint. I put RustOleum on the roof of my metal tool shed. Sprayed with their brown primer then a coat of gloss white. That's about as severe duty as you get without being next to the ocean or a very big lake. Still looks good.