Best Dehumidifier?

My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?

The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on the repair.

BC damp

Reply to
BCDrums

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.

I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a distress replacement!

Clot

I worked for Shears in 1996. I had access to their price book, and I'm very sad that I didn't take it home and copy it. Yes, they are rather expensive.

Perhaps take your dehum to appliance repair shop near you, ask for estimates. Many times, they are easily repaired. I know, I've fixed enough of them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The Ebacs look fantastic, but they have no US dealer. They offer a full 5 year warranty, unlike the US stuff.

BC

Reply to
BCDrums

I don't know about dehumidifiers, but here in Colorado, we use swamp coolers that add moisture to the dry air for cooling purposes.

Robin

Reply to
rlz

IAQSource sells at least some of the Eback line:

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

check out