Best Dehumidifier?

My Kenmore 70 pint dehumidifier croaked again today after I had it repaired in the spring of '08. Can anyone recommend a model or brand with which they've had good luck, or at least excellent service?
The Kenmore worked well when it worked, but I got just three seasons out of it before it died the first time, and I think Sears hosed me on the repair.
BC damp
BCDrums wrote:

Hi, I'm not sure whether these are available in the US. I did a quick Google and only found UK and Germany but I could be wrong.
I've had one, lasted me about 15 years before it went on the blink. I would have replaced it with another if I could have obtained one quickly - was a distress replacement!
http://www.ebacgroup.com/

The Ebacs look fantastic, but they have no US dealer. They offer a full 5 year warranty, unlike the US stuff.
BC

IAQSource sells at least some of the Eback line:
http://www.iaqsource.com/category.php/ebac-dehumidifiers/?category 02
Paul F.

check out
http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/all-ebac-dehumidifiers.html
cheers Bob
I worked for Shears in 1996. I had access to their price book, and I'm very sad that I didn't take it home and copy it. Yes, they are rather expensive.
Perhaps take your dehum to appliance repair shop near you, ask for estimates. Many times, they are easily repaired. I know, I've fixed enough of them.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I don't know about dehumidifiers, but here in Colorado, we use swamp coolers that add moisture to the dry air for cooling purposes.
Robin