Best deck treatment

I heard there's some kind of really great cedar wood deck treatment, sold in marine shops, but I can't remember what it was called now. Anyone remember? It was about $60-80 a galon I think.

buy the oil-based stuff any more, and the other isn't very useful.
Aspasia

<aspasia> wrote in message wrote:

Oil based. If you don't mind paying the shipping, buy it here http://www.woodnewengland.com/cscart/penomain.htm
Good stuff. I've used it a few years now and won't use anything else.

Edwin - that's it. Thanks for the link. What color do you use? I have a cedar deck, its about 70 feet wide and 15' deep, how much would I need? I was thinking about the: Ultra Premium Red Label Penofin in Western Red Cedar, I like a more of a brownish red finish, preferably something like teak furniture looks.

I used the Penofin for Hardwoods I've used it on mahogany and Spanish cedar. So far, there is no graying from UV after a few years. I'd guess about 2 to 3 gallons to do deck and rails. That's a good sized deck!
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/

How often do you do it then? Sounds like not every year. Mine I pressure washed last year and it was beautiful, but in about 2 weeks it was graying again, because I didn't put anything down. (New to decks, you know!)

My application is outdoor furniture. I've done it every two years because a. I still have plenty of it b. it is simple enough to do
I'd think every three or so would be about right.