Best deck treatment

I heard there's some kind of really great cedar wood deck treatment, sold in marine shops, but I can't remember what it was called now. Anyone remember? It was about $60-80 a galon I think.

Reply to
dean

buy the oil-based stuff any more, and the other isn't very useful.

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

Oil based. If you don't mind paying the shipping, buy it here

Good stuff. I've used it a few years now and won't use anything else.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

here

Edwin - that's it. Thanks for the link. What color do you use? I have a cedar deck, its about 70 feet wide and 15' deep, how much would I need? I was thinking about the: Ultra Premium Red Label Penofin in Western Red Cedar, I like a more of a brownish red finish, preferably something like teak furniture looks.

Reply to
dean

I used the Penofin for Hardwoods I've used it on mahogany and Spanish cedar. So far, there is no graying from UV after a few years. I'd guess about 2 to 3 gallons to do deck and rails. That's a good sized deck!

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

How often do you do it then? Sounds like not every year. Mine I pressure washed last year and it was beautiful, but in about 2 weeks it was graying again, because I didn't put anything down. (New to decks, you know!)

Reply to
dean

My application is outdoor furniture. I've done it every two years because a. I still have plenty of it b. it is simple enough to do

I'd think every three or so would be about right.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski