Best caulk for hardie siding?

Just had the house sided with Hardie siding and now need to paint it. What is the best caulk to use for Hardie siding? The house is in Dallas, Texas.
Thanks in Advance Lyle
alt.home.repair:

Any good caulk will work. I buy DAP painters caulk by the case. It cures quickly and is paintable in about 30 minutes.
Make sure the caulk says it's paintable and is designed for outdoor use, preferably on siding.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

I'd have to disagree with this one. While latex caulks are user friendly, they will not remain flexible nearly as long as a good urethane caulk. I'd use OSI quad. (http://www.osiproseries.com / Category.aspx?CategoryID=Window-Siding-Sealants). Superior adhesion, superior flexibility when compared to latex.
Steve wrote:

But isn't "painters caulk" typically the cheapest lowest quality caulk you can buy?

LYLE MOYER wrote:

http://www.jameshardie.com/developer/designBuildCenter_installSiding_tipsArticles_caulking.shtml
http://www.jameshardie.com/developer/products_siding_hardieplankLapSiding.py?openTab=jsnavLink4

I used Hardie color-matched caulk on mine. I'm pretty sure it was a tri-polymer type caulk. You also might want to consider using pre-painted hardie-plank. The time saved is well worth it.