Best Baseboard Heat Registers?

This may sound like a minor question but here it goes:
We are remodeling a house with forced hot air heat & central air. The existing baseboard registers are in bad shape and we are going to replace them.
I believe the home currently has the 460 series Hart & Cooley registers (24 inch) installed.
Is there much difference between registers? Will a different width make a difference? (other than fitting in the existing opening)
We were considering replacing them with the 24 inch models by Leigh Products.
Since I don't have any place in which I can physically see all the different models, I must rely on the experience of others to determine performance and durability.
Thanks!
Forced-air register does two things: 1. Covers duct hole prettily. 2. Restricts & directs air flow. (needs may differ for heating/cooling.)
Overall, forced-air system is designed for some range of air flow, typically with registers wide open. Any register that can approximate that should not be a problem.
If you found some that meet 1) and 2) to your satisfaction, durability should be _forever_ indoors. Unless you slop paint over them often. Lotsa samples at BigBox and HVAC suppliers to look at; get rec. from local HVAC folks if you need someone to take chances for you.
HTH, J