Best all around air compressor?

Hello, I'm looking for the best all around air compressor for the money. I'll be using it for framing, finishing, mechanics and whatever else I can figure out to do with it. Immediate need is to install crown molding and build my kid a play set. I also have a couple old vehicles including a 4X4 GMC that needs some TLC. Those bolts look like they need an impact wrench to come off. Any suggestions appreciated. Patch
Patch wrote:

I purchased a harbor freight cast iron oil-type w/ 25 gallon tank a few years back. Does everything you mentioned. From what I've seen of oil-less compressors acquaintances have bought, I wouldn't have one for a boat anchor. YMMV
Probably a ton of stuff in google/groups. But then having been around for a while, surley you'd know that already.
-- TJ
Snatch wrote:

Any more dozen or so questions? Use google you lazy pos. Geez, what do you think this is here? There's all kinds of crap on the net about this. Why should someone answer a half dozen questions for your lazy ass?
Isn't your year of being a pia here almost up Snatch?
What an intelligent reply! So witty and poetic even. I'm sure you're a wonderful asset to this group being quite the online conversationalist. Thank you for your courageous response. Patch There's all kind of crap on the net about lot's of stuff. Then there's you.

Snatch wrote:

Not to mention you're a lame top-poster.. Any more questions, lazy?
-- TJ
snatch wrote:

Hey Snatch, to show that I'm really not a bad guy and that you ARE a lazy mutt, here's a few things your lazy ass could have come up with.
http://truetex.com/aircompressors.htm
http://www.riscoinc.com/ingerpg1.htm
http://www.stretcher.com/stories/99/991018g.cfm
Now if you're looking for someone to say "Snatch, you need to, and you will, buy brand XYZ, and you will not argue because that's the best and I say so" then maybe some moron will do just for you.
Meantime do some homework on your own.
Thanks Tim, especially for the Ingersol Rand link. I work in the Telecom / Data industry and the reading I do to maintain my knowledge base is too much let alone becoming an expert in compressor technology. Companies and managers rely on my experience when purchasing telecom & data products. I know there are people on this forum who have personal knowledge of compressors and compressor applications. I consider this the best information Patch
PS: You might be referring to a different Patch in your derogatory statements.Maybe not. Maybe you just didn't like the fact that I was trying to start a discussion about compressors. I haven't been around for a good while because I've been on AT&T broadband (now Comcast) and only had access to Google Groups which takes hours to post a message.But I am the original Patch (good guy) with a new ISP and access to news groups.

Stationary or portable?
Electric, gas or diesel?
What is the max. CFM of your tools?
Is noise a consideration?
What is your budget?
What is your anticipated daily duty cycle?
There is no such thing as a best all around compressor. Do your homework and come back with specific questions.