Best adhering, durable black paint for metal

I have a set of metal drawers in the lab that are getting old. Ugly dark, dull green. Looking to paing them black, but I have no idea what will be durable and not flake off.
I haven't found 2-part black epoxy (though I wouldn't look forward to dealing with it anyway). Anyone have experience with this?

Flaking off is bad prep. Leave any oil from your hands on the handle areas and bond just wont be 100%. If paint there now is bad or soft from years of touching the only stripping guarntees a great bond, but is it worth stripping. Go to a real paint store that sells only paint and do what they recomend

I have a couple of 2 drawer filing cabinets that I painted with black automotive hi- temp paint. 4 years old and still looking good.
Jimmie
Bob wrote:

I've had good results using Preval sprayer with Rustoleum primer and enamel (on old range hood). Not auto-body smooth, but very decent. I didn't strip the old paint because I didn't want to harm new cabinets. No rust, and old paint was gummy with metal showing through. I degreased with denatured alcohol and fine sanded. Preval sprayers are handy gadgets, small spray pattern. If there is rust, it should be removed and primed right away, being sure to clean off any grease or fingerprints. Preval sprayers require thinning the paint (read the label) and get occ. spatter, but better than cans, IMO.