bent drywall: how did it happen?

How does a drywall become bent? My powder room drywall is bent. The vanity counter (some kind of corian looking hard surface) that is once attached to the entire length of this drywall is also bent in the opposite direction. Basically, the drywall is bent inward, and the vanity counter is bent outward; creating a gap between the wall and the counter. The bend is more severe on the drywall as oppose to the counter. There is also a crack in the sink (attached to the vanity). I had a feeling that someone tried to jam the vanity counter (that was cut too long) into the wall. I'm not sure if this make sense, but that would explain the crack in the sink.

Reply to
wendi

probably moisture getting into the drywall and into the particle board vanity top that swelled up and bent????

Reply to
jim

Mice in the wall are pushing it out

Reply to
m Ransley

Moisture. In recent construction a stud bowing as it cured might pull or push the wallboard in the direction of the bow. Settling or cracking of a slab under the floor might also cause the problem.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt