Benjamin Moore paint low rating

The new Consumer Reports has Benjamin Moore WAY down the list. Am very surprised. Anybody know if there have been corporate changes, or some internal reason why quality (per Consumer Reports) has slipped?

I just bought a quart of oil-based paint to redo a pair of red painted French doors, and a gallon of flat to redo a garage wall.

Should I have bought something else? What?

Aspasia

Reply to
aspasia

Not reading the reports, I don't know why it was down rated. We've used over 150 gallons in the past four months at work doing a complete re-furb of plant, warehouse, offices, and at home I did my family room. Color ranged from ceiling white to trim whites to beige to deep blue. Not a single word of complaint from anyone that did the painting. Coverage was good, application was good. It is not the cheapest, but I'd rate it as good or better than other brands I've used.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

And there's no telling on CR testing -- they may have changed their criteria and the paint they tested may well not be the paint you bought (or Ed's company, either).

In general, every test cycle rearranges the previous test's results and w/ the changes in testing and the various types of paints and applications, whether there's any value in any of their tests except for precisely what they test and the way in which it was tested is at least a matter to consider.

--

Reply to
dpb

Did they mention Martin-Senour or Devoe? They usually don't. Apparently they don't want you to have the absolute best, for reasons I'll never understand. Those two brands will make you extremely happy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom