Benjamin Moore Kitchen & Bathroom Paint: Really Any Good For Moist Area ?

Hi,

I have a bathroom wall to paint. Presently has old latex paint on it; peeling a bit from moisture (even with an exhaust fan).

Have heard about this Benjamin Moore K&B (Kitchen & Bathroom) Latex paint.

I guess I'm dating myself here, but I always thought that Latex paints were Always a poor choice for an area that sees "some" moisture. That the only way to go was to use an oil based paint.

Are these new Latex paints, like this one, really that much better, and suitable for, e.g., a bathroom ?

Anyone have any experience with this specific Benjamin Moore Kitchen & Bathroom Latex paint ?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

Robert11 wrote: ... ...

,,,

To quote another --"This ain't your father's Oldsmobile"... :)

Short answer--"yes". Current latex enamels are quite good and while I haven't used this particular BM product, I would have no qualms. Of course, as often noted (and often ignored), the most important thing in a paint job is preparation--the best/most expensive paint in the world won't last if it goes on a poorly prepared surface.

Reply to
dpb