Behr Paint - any good?

Page 2 of 2

Built a new home in 1998. SUB-ZERO fridge and 4 other KA appliances. Only the Sub Zero needed a minor fix.
New home from 2004. All KA appliances (although their 22cf bottom freezer is made by Amana) No problems So far.
Underneath the KA name, I think there is a Whirlpool appliance.
On Fri, 3 Jul 2009 23:02:34 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

You have to read the study in question and decide if you believe in the methodology they use.
With cars for example, their reliability ratings are based on reports from THEIR subscribers on a voluntary basis. Statistically speaking, that's total bunk. ("Dewey wins" comes to mind).
In addition, their categories of car repairs are way too wide and vary from very minor and/or service campaign covered problems, to major issues that also include manufacturers denying responsibility. So, their red/black circle summary for a detailed category is often misleading. OTOH, at the end of the day cars with lots of black circles are definitely less reliable than cars with lots of red circles.
So, look at HOW they tested specific items, and decide if you believe in their methods.
Still Just Me. wrote: ...

That's a non sequitur--if the statistical basis isn't valid, then it's not possible to draw any definite conclusion from the analysis of the data.

I agree with your statistical point, especially since it's my point.
However, as a rough gauge, cars with "lots of red" do seem to be more reliable than cars with "lots of black", once you do the research behind the scenes. Despite the statistical issues, I think there's still subjective value to data acquired from asking lots of people who bought specific cars if they had problems or not. At the same time, I would not draw detailed conclusions such as comparing cars with half red or half black circles and coming to conclusions as to relative reliability.
Definitely don't use it to draw any conclusions about specific vehicle systems without further detailed research. Just use it as another somewhat subjective general indicator and then do some legwork to find out what the specific car is all about. After all, at the end of the day, your own survey, the opinions you find on the 'net, and your decision isn't going to be any statistical wonder either.
Its ALWAYS worked well for me, in fact its the ONLY paint I will use.
Buy the semi gloss its very durable and easily washable
Well, now, come over here and sit by my knee. As I tell you a story about Behr Rabbit, and his arch rival, Behr fox..... years ago a man named Aesop wrote about this.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You pull that one from The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show? :-)
No, it just popped into my head.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I've used Behr's flat paint (on the walls & ceiling) and satin paint (on all the interior woodwork). I've found both versions to be easy to apply (ie, nice spreading and workable), and very good in terms of maintenance (both can be cleaned easily if something is spillled on them).
Jean

Highly rated by Consumer Reports
On Jul 2, 11:03am, Still Just Me...

Consumer Reports has a ongoing stain testing program, I dont know if they have done paints in their longevity tests. The biggest issues are to paint a clean, cool, non glossy surface, in shade, when it wont get above maybe 85 or be soon cooked by the sun, I know for some south exposures that is near impossible unless you start painting near dusk.
Still Just Me... | 2009-07-02 | 11:03:19 AM wrote:

Behr paint is pretty good. I never had a complaint about it.
I used to use Behr for all my clients, but switched to Sherwin Williams (SW) a couple of years ago. SW paint is as good as Behr, and the people behind the counter are well trained. If I need advice, they know their product. The guy behind the Home Depot paint counter is sometimes on the ball, but is usually a high school kid who knows how to run the color matcher.
SW gives me a business discount that brings their prices down to the same range as Home Depot. It was 34% the last time I checked.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement
SteveBell wrote: ...

All goes to show, it all depends... :)
Here SW refused to budge off of retail price even a nickel even for the 80 gal primer/40 gal topcoat in a single order whereas HD dealt over 10%, don't recall exact figure and delivered onsite from 60 miles away at no additional charge by volunteering to divert the truck from Wichita to Garden City via Liberal and coming to the farmstead to unload besides.
The department manager at HD was very helpful; the local SW store has afaict only HS kids working in the store that know nothing including how to run the paint matcher... :(

Been my exprience as well..No discount from Sherwin Williams even on big orders...Good paint though...I do have an account there...I do get 10% off at the local lumber yard on Ben Moores but their prices are higher to begin with...Good paint as well...I use both..I let the customer pick if they want...As I said , everthing I've heard and seen Behr is good as well...Gonna give it a try on my next home project before I use it at work though just to see how it goes both spraying and rolling..
"benick" wrote

I've used it with roller and brush and been happy with it. Can't speak to spraying as havent done that.

Not a commercial customer, but a repeat customer and I get 15% minimum off everything from SW here in Ontario Canada - and they know their stuff. Applied for the discount when I bought paint for 3 rooms at once about 4 years ago.
Still Just Me... wrote:

I bought Behr once. Semi-gloss to paint a small shelf. Quit after not covering with the third coat. OTOH, Ben Moore and S Williams are not even in the same universe = applying either is better than some sex. A less worthy painter can do a good job with good paint. Behr is the only purchase I made of any other than Moore or Williams since being gravely disappointed with Sears paint about 40 years ago....didn't Sears guarantee a "free" gallon if the first didn't cover? I was poor, but not about to waste all the time and effort again with crap paint. I hate the prep work, but don't skip anything to finish fast....clean, dust, sand, tape, dry, pick, peel, line up the planets, prime, ...
replying to Still Just Me..., Ranran wrote: I've used Behr interior and exterior paints, trim paints, and just recently a deck stain with UV protection for a new set of wood steps. Everything I've used in that line was excellent.
On Friday, October 14, 2016 at 10:14:04 AM UTC-5, Ranran wrote:

house while posting to HomeMoaners did you happen to glance at the date of the post your replying to? I thought not. Psst, you're replying to a SEVEN YEAR OLD thread.
Now stop frequenting that stupid site, HomeOwnersHub, you look like an idiot.