Behr Paint

Page 2 of 2

equal,
product.
The same is true of Moore. All you morons babbling on about Behr vs. Moore - there is no such thing as Benjamin Moore paint. There is Regal, Muresco, Colorscapes, Eco Spec, Moorcraft, etc., but no Benjamin Moore. Some is good, some is cheap. Same with Sherwin Williams or any other company. They make Style Perfect, which is cheap, and they make SuperPaint, which is not. Just check it out yourself - they even claim Style Perfect doesn't cover well. http://www.sherwin-williams.com/diy/interior/paint/intratingchart.asp
So everyone knock it off.
TB wrote:

Benjamin Moore has been owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway company since 2000. Either your painter is talking about the sale of a local franchise or company-owned STORE or he is misinformed.
"Barry Feldman" wrote

Bzzzzzztttttttttt wrong. Consumers reports is geared toward the average homeowner, not the professional. Here's something taken directly from their site which shows their reports _are_ supplemented by surveys taken directly from subscribers of Consumers Reports.
"To supplement laboratory testing, the survey research department gathers the experiences that hundreds of thousands of our subscribers have had with products and services through an annual questionnaire. Those results are the basis of our well-known auto Frequency-of-Repair index and other product-reliability reports."
Next time at least look into the subject before inserting foot in mouth.

their
directly
with
the
You are completely off base, Clayton. Performance testing is done in the lab, repair frequencies and such are polled from actual buyers; not idiots.

You clearly don't know anything at all about Consumer Reports. The surveys are to gather repair records and to help decide what to test in the future. The surveys do not ask readers to judge the quality of paint, vacuum cleaners or anything else except perhaps to ask whether you would buy the same car again.

their
directly
with
the
On 2004-08-27 20:53:04 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@oup-usa.org (TB) said:

As others have said, the painter seems to have quoted you one product and switched to another before painting. If he figured the quote using Benny Moore, he should either use the Moore paint or give you a rebate.
I've had all sorts of pros tell me what kind of paint I should want, they've told me what they would use on a job and they all get the same answer from me; we're using Benny Moore paint. Once that arguement is over, I've had every one of the pros tell me they prefer Benny Moore. Go figure.
I've tried a lot of products recommended by CR and have yet to be satisfied. I think their advice is actually pretty lousy, but maybe that's just me.