Behr Latex Paint or Oil Based Paint for a Garage?

I don't know if oil based on latex paint is on my masonry garage. How can I find out if it'sd oil based or latex on the garage now? Is Behr Latex Exterior paint ok?
Thanks,
Mike
Rub the paint with some denatured alcohol on a rag. If the paint comes off, it's latex...if not, it's oil-based.
If it's oil-based you must prep the surface to take latex. Clean the surface with a heavy duty cleaner like TSP and rinse thoroughly. Allow the surface to dry and apply one coat of something like Sherwin-Williams PrepRite Bonding Primer. Behr makes their own version of this too. After the primer has thoroughly dried apply the Behr Exterior paint...they also make a masonary paint that will work well.

Thanks for the information. Is Behr latex paint ok or should I use oil based Behr?
Mike