Bees in pool

I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Somehow, 30 to 1 doesn't sound like winning odds.

No idea about the salt.

Reply to
Dan Espen

I got 30

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net says... :) I converted my pool to salt water this year. I have notice the Bees are :) attracted to it more than before. Would the Salt attract them? or is it just :) maybe more Bees this year? The salt level is very low. Also I noticed they :) do not seem to go in the Bee traps. ( yes I put new attractant in them) Also :) I was engaged in the Male sport of swatting at Bees bare handed and got :) stung, but it's about 30 to 1 I'm kicking ass. :) :) :) Are you dealing with bees or wasps?

Reply to
Lar

Reply to
buffalobill

Neither. It's Bees.

Reply to
mm

perhaps the bees are less repelled by the salt than by what you were using last year (chlorine?)

Reply to
pipedown

I think there yellow jackets

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

The pool still uses chlorine. I think there might be a new nest around.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Just curious..why did you put salt water in the pool??Health benefits??

Reply to
digitalmaster

The salt water feels much nicer to swim in. Also the salt is used to generate chlorine. there is a turbo cell that a small eclectic current goes threw it that makes the chlorine. But when it gets hot you still have to shock the pool. The salt content is 3 parts per million ( the ocean is 30 parts) so you can't taste the salt.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

In article , snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net says... :) > :) :) > Are you dealing with bees or wasps? :) > -- :) > Lar :) :) I think there yellow jackets :) :) :)

This time of the year the YJ diet is meat. If you are baiting with juices, you may have better luck with bologna (raw). Though the water will be as much as an attractant as food you put out for them, they need it to survive.

Reply to
Lar

In article , NOPSAMmm2005 @bigfoot.com says... :) >:) :) >Are you dealing with bees or wasps? :) :) Neither. It's Bees. :) :)

In your example it would now have to be Bee's

Reply to
Lar

Try to find The Amazing Handheld Bug Zapper, it works, but get 2 they only work a few months.

Reply to
m Ransley

it has to be bees. because yellow jackets or wasps would not be so easily killed with out attacking full force...

Reply to
JillAdams

JillAdams wrote in news:4uSdnTbeu8xldD3ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

They are salty bees.