Beeping can't find the reason

Page 1 of 3
I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc. Sounds to me like a battery is going dead, but can't figure out what it might be. Having trouble tracking down where it is because of the long time frame between beeps. Any suggestions of things to look for?
On 01/24/2011 09:00 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

dishwasher door opened before the cycle finished, and not relatched? seen that on two GE's. if you unload it while the "heat dry" cycle is still going, it'll sit there and beep plaintively at you until you latch the door (and then it'll finish the cycle.)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 01/24/2011 09:06 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

nother thot... UPS trying to tell you that its battery needs replacement?
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Tinnitus? :)
plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Checked and no, but thanks.

Nate Nagel wrote:
[snip]

I know someone who has a bad habit of interrupting the microwave by opening the door and NEVER completing the cycle (just press the cancel button). Some microwaves beep when this happens.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You're a female?

Hmmm... On our microwave, if you let it finish, it will beep every few minutes to remind you there's something in there until you open the door... Of course, in this case, it's the same sound it normally makes when it finishes, which is pretty obvious.
On 1/25/2011 6:15 PM, Larry Fishel wrote:

Mine gives up after awhile. Figures I died or something.
--
aem sends...

Kurt Ullman wrote:

Burglar alarm or, more likely, carbon monoxide detector.

My smoke detectors continue to chirp after the batteries are removed. The first time it happened I continued to look for the culprit for some time after it was taken care of. Happened again Sunday morning at 4:00AM (though this time I knew it was going to continue). Stupid things!

Nah, we checked those. The CO detectors are part of the smoke detectors.
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 21:00:27 -0500, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Could be something like an answering machine reminding of a message. Other than that. Two minutes isn't that long of a wait to locate the beeping. Now if it beeped ever 30 minutes I might give up but not 2 minutes to sit it out.

No answering machine. Two minutes, for me anyway, is hard because I tend to lose track of where I heard the last time by the time is beeps the next time (g).
Kurt Ullman wrote:

You can't sit still for two minutes?
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote:

Maybe he's an engineer; the don't idle well. If engineers look a little blury, that's because they're vibrating.

You say "vibrating," I say "high-RPM camshaft."
Oh, since you're up, can you get me some more coffee please?
nate
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Anything related to your computer? A remote control for something hidden under a couch cushion?

We turned off the computer, and printer, etc. All remotes are accounted for.
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:30:58 -0600, Dean Hoffman

Cushion? hehe. Giving me ideas. I bought a Fart Machine in a joke shop in Florida. Put it anywhere. I like to tape it under a chair. Then hit the little remote control. Always a different fart, Yeah, yeah, lowbrow. The 3 Stooges crack me up too.
But I'm thinking a little faint beeping sounder might sell too. Could work with remote, could be a random timing, never too close together. Could be real tiny. Good way to drive the spouse crazy. I'd get 2, with different signal remotes. Hide one under a couch, beep it a couple times so the wife gets close, waiting to pin it down. Then I'd hit the remote for the one hidden in another room. Yep, I'd buy. No, I'm not a prick.
--Vic