Beeping can't find the reason

I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc. Sounds to me like a battery is going dead, but can't figure out what it might be. Having trouble tracking down where it is because of the long time frame between beeps. Any suggestions of things to look for?

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

dishwasher door opened before the cycle finished, and not relatched? seen that on two GE's. if you unload it while the "heat dry" cycle is still going, it'll sit there and beep plaintively at you until you latch the door (and then it'll finish the cycle.)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Burglar alarm or, more likely, carbon monoxide detector.

Reply to
HeyBub

nother thot... UPS trying to tell you that its battery needs replacement?

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Could be something like an answering machine reminding of a message. Other than that. Two minutes isn't that long of a wait to locate the beeping. Now if it beeped ever 30 minutes I might give up but not 2 minutes to sit it out.

Reply to
A. Baum

My smoke detectors continue to chirp after the batteries are removed. The first time it happened I continued to look for the culprit for some time after it was taken care of. Happened again Sunday morning at 4:00AM (though this time I knew it was going to continue). Stupid things!

Reply to
krw

You can't sit still for two minutes?

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Anything related to your computer? A remote control for something hidden under a couch cushion?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Nah, we checked those. The CO detectors are part of the smoke detectors.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Checked and no, but thanks.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

No answering machine. Two minutes, for me anyway, is hard because I tend to lose track of where I heard the last time by the time is beeps the next time (g).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Do you have a UPS (battery backup) for a computer???

Reply to
clare

We turned off the computer, and printer, etc. All remotes are accounted for.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Nope.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

Cushion? hehe. Giving me ideas. I bought a Fart Machine in a joke shop in Florida. Put it anywhere. I like to tape it under a chair. Then hit the little remote control. Always a different fart, Yeah, yeah, lowbrow. The 3 Stooges crack me up too.

But I'm thinking a little faint beeping sounder might sell too. Could work with remote, could be a random timing, never too close together. Could be real tiny. Good way to drive the spouse crazy. I'd get 2, with different signal remotes. Hide one under a couch, beep it a couple times so the wife gets close, waiting to pin it down. Then I'd hit the remote for the one hidden in another room. Yep, I'd buy. No, I'm not a prick.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith

Got one of those small battery operated clocks you use on vacations? Check your luggage. I had one of those damn things in the car for when I go camping. It decided to beep everytime I was driving. I shut off the alarm, the next time I'm driving it was beeping again. After several tries, I tossed it in a trash can at a wayside. Later on I was thinking about the next guy who came along to drop trash in that can, and phoned in to the police about a bomb in the garbage :)

Of course it could also be your pacemaker is dying.... Or, God is calling you.... Scarey, huh?

Reply to
jw

Cordless phone off the charger, battery dying?

Otherwise I think you're gonna have to spend four minutes in each room of the house...

Reply to
Shaun Eli

Never had a problem with beeping. Always find it pretty quickly. You'll find it in the last place you look. Funny how it always works that way. I've had greeting cards tucked away somewhere make noise. About a month ago I'd hear what sounded like very faint Christmas music every hour. Seemed to be coming from a stack of papers on the thing we keep on the kitchen table. Kept meaning to tell my wife to check it out, but didn't for a couple weeks. When I finally mentioned to her that something was making noise in the kitchen, she got pissed and pointed to the big "Christmas" clock on the kitchen wall. Hadn't noticed it. Oh well.

--Vic

Reply to
Vic Smith
[snip]

I know someone who has a bad habit of interrupting the microwave by opening the door and NEVER completing the cycle (just press the cancel button). Some microwaves beep when this happens.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd