Bedspring without any springs. Name?

What's the correct name for something which looks like a bedspring, but there's no springs in it?
The top surface is just a couple of layers of corrugated cardboard over crosswise wood slats spaced about 18" apart. The whole thing is covered with fabric just like a bedspring.
Never encountered one of these before, but just had to replace a busted slat in one for a friend. Almost couldn't believe how crummy the wood used in it was. I've seen a lot better wood on pallets.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Sounds like a "bunky board," see: http://www.bunksonline.com/aboutProducts.cfm And yeah, pallets use better wood.
--
Grandpa Koca - SAHD for 6 - Keeper of the Perpetual Kindergarten

My opinion is neither copyrighted nor trademarked. It is price
Grandpa Koca wrote:

You should replace the slats with wood from a pallet! That stuff's almost indestructable (sweet-gum?) and is the same wood used for shoring trenches. You can't saw it, you can't drive a nail in it, it's too tough for termites. Heck, I don't think you can even BURN it.

Sow bugs got in my pallets.

If you put a mattress on top of this then, what you have is a foundation.
Clark Griswold wrote:

Thanks, that makes sense.
Jeff
--