Beds that rocked to music

Back in the 60s or 70s I remember beds that would gently rock from side to side when music was played. Does anyone remember these, know how they worked, and weither or not you can still get them?

Reply to
Russell Smith

Hmmmm. I remember the 60's and 70's, although a lot of my memories have a faint brown haze in them. Are you sure the beds ACTUALLY moved to the music? I remember things seeming like they were moving to the music, but of course they weren't. ;-)

Rick

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Was it the bed moving to the music, or was it moving to what you doing to the music?

Reply to
PhotoMan

Actually I am not kidding, nor am I hallucinating. There were actually beds that would rock slowly from side to side when music was played. I have tried searching patents, but to no avail.

Reply to
Russell Smith

I bet they come with a bumper sticker: "If this bed's a rockin'...."

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

That was me.

I had a waterbed back then. It rocked whether music played or not. They are still available though I think the current models are waveless..

Reply to
John Grabowski

Hi Russell!

RS> Back in the 60s or 70s I remember beds that would gently rock from side to RS> side when music was played. Does anyone remember these, know how they RS> worked, and weither or not you can still get them?

OK, I can't resist getting in on a little gentle ribbing too! (Perhaps will trigger a memory though.)

-- It was a hammock swinging in the breeze.

-- It was one of those vibrating beds: put a quarter in..... (They were playing The William Tell Overture at the time! )

As for making/creating your own (since you can't seem to find) perhaps a mechanism like they use for bull/bronco riding in bars? (Set to slow!)

..Ah! I've got it figured out!! You were born in the 60's and the bed was a swinging bed and the music was from the wind-up control on top. (Those infant beds are still made.) Suppose some sort of contraption could be made to support an adult bed as a pendulum. Electromagnet pair to pull the bed (the bed frame is generally metal) from side to side.

  • Unknown Saints: Saint Francis the Sissy, Provider of Comfortable Shoes
Reply to
barry martin