Bedroom outlet color

What color outlets work best in a bedroom, white, ivory, or brown? Also, must the outlet cover plates match the outlet or is a mismatch a code violation?
In alt.home.repair on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:02:41 -0700 snipped-for-privacy@sampson.com posted:

It depends what color your electricity is.
Check with the power company.

Rising to the trolled lure ...
Actually, I understand that mauve has more amps, but fuschia more volts. Maybe one of each?
Dress-code violation? Nah. Suit you own taste, or lack of. :')
snipped-for-privacy@sampson.com wrote:

Yes.

White or ivory in summer, switch to darker color after Labor Day.
--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

On a slightly serious side, isn't this a personal preference based on wall color/ decor? I have all three colors in my house and there is no code violation for mixing colors. I believe codes (if there really is such a thing) cover specialized use such as hospitals.

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 18:12:42 -0400 "C & M"

What about the anti-miscegenation codes?

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
snipped-for-privacy@sampson.com wrote:

I'd use brown that way if you gat a little smudge on there after wiping it wouldn't show up.