Bedroom above garage...friggin cold in winter

Hi all, My bedroom is above my garage and this winter I could not keep warm...the roof is plastered and I bet there is little if any insulation in the ceiling. Anyone have any advice re type of insulation, R value etc need...and vapour barrier? All advice appreciated and accepted. Dont want to be a brass monkey next winter :-)
Thank you, Chuck
R-30 to R-38 in the attic, R-13 in the walls and R-19 in the floor. Also make sure your heating system has enough air flow to that room to do the job. That requires a load calculation and some type of air measuring device like a flow hood.
Stretch
Radiant floor heating. Check it out! A couple bucks but sweet. Best heat I ever felt.