Become a building superintendent ...home builder... Where to start?

I'd like to become a building superintendent and utimately become a home builder.....What do I need to do/learn?
I'm always fascinated with building things, watch them all come together....I've been doing the same office job for almost 25 years and am tired of it. My dream job is to become a building superintendent and eventually become a home builder... I know it sounds silly....because I don't have any experience in that field.
I have a couple of houses for rent and contract people to fix them up when the tenant moved out...that's it. I can do a little painting here/there and minor repairs, but don't have knowledge for plumbing/electrical and other heavy duty jobs. Where can I go about to achieve my dream? What do I need to do/learn?
Thanks.
Karma wrote:

Start by hiring on as the clean up kid and work your way up.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit