Beaten by a switch

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, November 3, 2013 10:26:48 AM UTC-5, dadiOH wrote:

Does the cross piece rotate? From the picture, it looks like the cover would slip over the cross piece if it were rotated 90 degrees. Or maybe you could rotate the cover.
Paul
On 11/3/2013 9:26 AM, dadiOH wrote:

I've used small needle nose pliers like a pickle fork ball joint removal too to remove stuck knobs. The trick is to have something to cover your fulcrum point on the cover to prevent damage. If you have a popsicle stick and a fork you don't care too much about, with the power off, of course, slide the fork under the flat knob and use the wooden stick under the fork to protect the plastic cover and pry against the popsicle stick to pop the knob off. It should work without scarring op the plastic. ^_^
TDD

OK, it's done. I used a couple of spoons - thanks to whoever suggested them - to pry with. They worked well because they were thin enough to get under the lip at top and bottom, rounded to provide a fulcrum; two because one can either pry with even or differential pressure at two points.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 11/4/2013 10:45 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Thank you for sharing what worked. Very kind of you.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

HEY, not MY fault it didn't have instructions printed on it :)
--

dadiOH

It's all ready done but just FYI, the shank of the cross piece prevented rotating the cover plate.
--

dadiOH

Did you get this off? I had no suggestion at the time, but the vacuum attachment made me think you could use a blow dryer to see if it would expand.