Beaten by a switch

Sounds like a USN installation :)

Reply to
dadiOH

OK, it's done. I used a couple of spoons - thanks to whoever suggested them - to pry with. They worked well because they were thin enough to get under the lip at top and bottom, rounded to provide a fulcrum; two because one can either pry with even or differential pressure at two points.

Reply to
dadiOH

Thank you for sharing what worked. Very kind of you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

We looked at a house that had a porcelain/cast sink and Formica kitchen counter painted over. The pool pump was sucking air, too. Pass.

Reply to
krw

HEY, not MY fault it didn't have instructions printed on it :)

Reply to
dadiOH

Rotating the cover plate do it will slip over the knob is what occurred to me, just like an earlier poster suggested.

Reply to
hrhofmann

It's all ready done but just FYI, the shank of the cross piece prevented rotating the cover plate.

Reply to
dadiOH

Did you get this off? I had no suggestion at the time, but the vacuum attachment made me think you could use a blow dryer to see if it would expand.

Reply to
Metspitzer