Beadboard / Outlet screwup!

I installed some beadboard in a spare room without accounting for the outlets. (just took off the covers thinking the 1/4" beadboard would still allow for the covers later). Now that I've noticed the covers won't work over the beadboard. What's the easiest way to fix this? Cut out the electrical boxes and mount them on top of the beadboard? Carlton.

Metal box extensions work quite well http://electrical.aubuchonhardware.com/wiring_and_boxes/electrical_and_switch_boxes.asp this will keep you legal with combustible surfaces, then get jumbo plates to cover the holes http://doityourself.com/store/specialtyswitchplates.htm
Have fun, might be able to get both at the home stores...

There are extensions, both plastic and metal for just such a circumstance. They allow you to reposition the outlet and or switch, then simply put the cover plate back on.
Dave