BBQ SMOKE IS ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA?

I know there are a few folks who post here from Florida and I thought this might be interesting. O_o
http://preview.tinyurl.com/npmsw5q
[8~{} Uncle BBQ Monster
On Sunday, July 26, 2015 at 5:17:40 PM UTC-5, Uncle Monster wrote:

When you use all caps, many will think it's the colonel's post! *L*
On 7/26/2015 5:17 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Article says they have a dispute with a neighbor. In those cases there are always at least three sides to the story. We're only getting one here.
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I saw this and disagree with most of the posters. I see some gov't guy who was just doing his job because the municipality passed a law about the smoke. If he didn't go out then he would be canned because the powers to be obviously have some kind of interest in it's enforcement or a neighbor has a hard on. Most of these kind of laws aren't enforced. I like the reaction of the evil doer <g> calm & collected. What a waste of resources. Now if he had a dozen defunct washers or refrigerators on his lawn then I wouldn't like it. The guy could most likely fight it and win. Describe what you smelled, how could differentiate this from other odors. What were the weather conditions at the time. Were you trained in odor identification? How did you measure it? How long did it last? What are some of odors in the courtroom now? Do you use antiperspirant? What were you doing immediately before you smelled this? Where were you when noticed it? Do you have any documentation this is hazardous to the public or regulated by the state? So on. Might be some all powerful HOA.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*

If you do a little reading you see that this is not your garden variety BBQ. It is s smoker made from a 55 gallon drum and the neighbor says she measured CO at 170 PPM in her yard. I still think there is more going on here.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

A 55 gallon drum is pretty standard for smokers, at least in Texas it is

this

ho

be

as a

n of

had

d,

you

ou

ion

be

Thanks, adds a little more depth to it. 170 is high for a outside area! I guess this story will disappear with just our speculation left.
--
Tekkie *Please post a follow-up*