BBQ Propane/Natural Gas?

I have a natural gas hookup for the BBQ, but the BBQ I just bought is meant to be used with a propane tank.
Can I use it with the natural gas? Is there any special adapters or hoses I need? Can I hook it up myself or do I need a pro to do it?
TIA.
On my Weber grill I had to change out the propane nozzles and put in natural gas nozzles (supplied). Read the directions.

bigredmoose wrote:

It depends. Many can be switched over for natural gas use. Check the instructions and the manufacturer.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

You dont need new jets or 'adapters' that may or not be in stock or have to be ordered. The NG orifice is going to be a little larger than the Propane. A local barbecue shop ( a real one, not Walmart or just some place that sells BBQs as a sideline) can drill out the existing jets to the proper size for you. The size of the drill/hole is critical so dont try this yourself. Look in the Yellow pages under Gas/ propane/bbqs and and call and ask if they do this.
Note..this is for going TO NGas. Once drilled, you won't be able to use propane again

Most every brand has the kit to change the orifices. Contact your dealer or call the 800 number in the book.
Natural gas is a much lower pressure, so it might not work properly.
If you try the hookup yourself, please check the fittings for leaks when you're finished wrenching.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.