Bay window problem

I have a bay window in front of my house. 45 degree style. It is not the preassembled type. It was built out of plywood, with a picture window in the middle and 2 casement windows on the sides. About 9 feet wide. It has a steel canopy awning over the top of it, which I am constantly painting. The box is trimmed in 5/4 x 8 wood to give it depth. Over the years I have had trouble keeping paint on it and the 5/4 wood tends to rot out. The bay faces the south. I live in the northeast, so that bay gets really cold and really hot depending on the time of year. I am looking for recommendations as to make it more maintenance free. I have considered brick veneer or some sort of vinyl or aluminum to cover it. The rest of the house is white vinyl siding. It is a classic 2 story colonial house with front casement windows and shutters. Please recommend something here. Bernie
If you go with brick veneer we manufacture it. www.artobrick.com