Bay window floor

Hello,
I have a bay window in my living room. Is it normal for the floor of the bay window to be cold? I ask because there's a really noticeable difference in temperature when you walk on the floor that has the basement under it to the part of the floor that sticks out.
Thanks,
Chris
Chris wrote:

Yes, fairly normal. There is less insulating structure under the bay part of the window.
You may be able to add some insulation under the floor part from outside underneath.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

window, I put 2 layers of 3/4" foam on the bottom, outside. I had the aluminum guy cover it over. The floor of the window is not too bad (Chicago area) but it is still cool. One thing that can work is carpeting. I once carpeted the floor of another bay window and it always felt warmer.
Art Todesco wrote:

Right now the living room floor is hardwood. I'll wait till spring or summer before I check the insulation or foam.
Thanks for the tips,
Chris