Battery Warranties

Page 2 of 6
On 9/13/2013 11:22 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Before my friend GB passed away, I helped him repair the AC in his daughter's Honda. After testing the thing I figured there was a restriction in the liquid line going to the evaporator so I looked up the specs on The Web and saw it had an expansion valve. We had to remove the glove box and other stuff to get to the evaporator and change out the defective expansion valve which costed $12.00. After a triple vacuum and recharge with 134a, the little car could turn the interior into a refrigerator. We figured a shop would have charged her at least $400.00 for the repair which was quite time consuming. ^_^
TDD
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 19:30:27 -0400, Stormin Mormon

buy a copy of MS outlook. It will be a lot better than Blunderbird. If you can get Outlook XP (2003) it is the closest to oputlook express, the most reliable, and not as complex as 2007 +.
For your use XP 2002 would do just fine - 2003 is better when used in a corporate environment (and I prefer it al - round)
You can usually buy a legit pack of outlook, or even office (with outlook) pretty reasonably on Flea-Bay.. Currently office XP Pro on for $17 to $60.
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:43:02 -0400, wrote:

Stormin' uses OE for usenet newsgroups. My Outlook 2003 only does e-mail, not usenet.

It came free on a CD with a couple items I've bought over the years, particularly Dell Pocket PCs. There must be ton of those disks floating around the used market/thrift stores/net auction sites.
On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:43:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Will they run with Win7? We upgraded to Win7 at work and had to upgrade a couple of programs with it.

Will definitely run with win7 (and win8)
Have to ask a couple friends about that. Interesting idea. Thank you.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
On 7/27/2013 9:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013 21:43:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote in
Warranties:

Or try an even better email/usenet client
http://www.forteinc.com/main/homepage.php
and visit
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

I use Agent for usenet.
On 7/27/2013 9:43 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Your kidding right? I use outlook at work, not half the program that TBIRD is. Outlook is very limited.
As far as batteries going bad, the only ones I have had go bad (leak) are Eveready, my Duracell don't leak...
--
Jeff

Stormin Mormon wrote:

You want a 10 year old OS to match your 10 year old batteries? Have you considered Windows 7 if the box can support it? I use Windows 2000, XP and 7 on a daily basis. They all work, although 2000 not only isn't supported by M$, but many current applications won't even install. XP has been granted a reprieve several times but it is headed to the same dead end.
I would not recommend 8 until they figure out what they are doing but it is also usable after you figure out the tricks to undo the shambles M$ made out of the UI.
Time moves on. If you can't run with the big dogs...
rbowman wrote:

Hmmm. Then shoot the big dog and run with Linux. Good OS to test your IQ? I am a fan of Ubuntu. Mint.
Anno Domini 2013-07-28, Tony Hwang was caught saying:

Only problem with the idea is "you can lead a Windows user to Linux, but you can't made 'em think".
--
H.I.T.man
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can
On 7/28/2013 10:06 AM, H.I.T.man wrote:

I like PC-BSD, it's fairly bulletproof and very hard to crash. It's getting better all the time as more apps will work with it. ^_^
http://www.pcbsd.org/
TDD
Anno Domini 2013-07-28, The Daring Dufas was caught saying:

<...>

Looked at FBSD a couple of times but decided to stay with Linux since I am happy. Been pleased with Linux (mostly Debian Debian-based) distros for a dozen years. #! is my favourite.
--
H.I.T.man
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
On 7/28/2013 3:41 PM, H.I.T.man wrote:

Some of the systems I service have imbedded Linux if not imbedded XP or CE. I suppose I Like PC-BSD because I'm a little devil instead of a penguin. ^_^
TDD
Anno Domini 2013-07-28, The Daring Dufas was caught saying:

Gotta admit that was good - Tux is cuter ;)
--
H.I.T.man
"The group consisting of mother, father and child is the main educational
On 7/28/2013 4:28 PM, H.I.T.man wrote:

But I gotta pitchfork and the girls are hotter. ^_^
https://tinyurl.com/5relfd

Good; truly! And, Linux chicks aren't bad either ... http://linux-chicks.arny.ro/
--
H.I.T.man
"I thank God that I have lived to see my country independent and free. She may
On 7/28/2013 5:33 PM, H.I.T.man wrote:

No fair, they don't look like penguins, they're cuter. ^_^
TDD

Which are cuter?