Battery Shelf Life

Jesus never existed. It's a fantasy figure in a really old storybook called the bible. Only fools believe jesus was real. Most kids quit believing in fantasy creatures such as santa claus, the tooth fairy and jesus christ by the age of ten. It's time for you to GROW UP !!!!

Reply to
bfhtdspp

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h0j3rn$cf3$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

IIRC,90%. Lithiums also operate in a wider temp range.(like cold temps,where one might want to take pics with their camera and alkalines would be affected)

Reply to
Jim Yanik

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h0j34l$6b9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

Duracells leak more often than other brands I've used. (except for Harbor Freights "Thunderbolt" cells;those were horrible.) I don't use Duracells any more.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Yes. I find religion makes more sense when considered as an infectious disease usually transmitted from parent to child (not congenital, but through emotional / intellectual abuse). In the case of that site, it's sick people trying to spread their disease (not "learning" at all). No, I don't hate the OP, any more that I hate someone with smallpox. I'm still protecting myself from infection.

BTW, the storybook has multiple (mostly unknown) authors. Also, really bad writing.

Reply to
NotX

And don't mess with our clocks (DST= Damn Stupid Time :-)).

[snip]
Reply to
Gary H

Texas Penal Code 9.42 DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY

A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, moveable property:

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary: (A) to prevent the other's immediate commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or (B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property...

Reply to
HeyBub

Texas GOT it right!

Witness the Joe Horn shooting controversy.

Now on wiki:

Oren

F-ing thieves should be shot on sight.(I've been a victim)

CY: Sad to hear that, Jim. You save your money, and buy a much needed generator, and it disappears. That's no good.

Duracells leak more often than other brands I've used. (except for Harbor Freights "Thunderbolt" cells;those were horrible.) I don't use Duracells any more.

CY: I've had good results with the HF batteries. I had some that looked a little like Duracell "Infinity Beyond" from Ebay. they were out of date, and about 1/6 of them leaked. AAA cells, was the size. Others have written that Duracells leak. And other people write that Energizer has good quality control, and seldom leak.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Generators don't disappear (thin air), nor grow legs and walk away.

Head beatings are soon commenced for the guilty.

Reply to
Oren

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:h0jugs$plo$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

well,it was my Acura Integra GS-R,not a generator. First had the ECU stolen off it(unusable for 6 weeks),then a few years later they stole the whole car(and my tools),stripped it and torched it. Gone in 60 seconds,literally,despite alarm and anti-theft measures. I didn't even have a chance for a single shot.

2 neighbors had their motorcyles stolen within a week(I saw one happen!),another one had her bicycle stolen off her screened patio.

I bought a box of the HF Thunderbolt AAA alkalines,and half leaked before I got to use them,in just a short time. Some of the ones in use also leaked.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Golly. That deserves at least ONE warning shot. Even cocking a round is a deterrence.

Reply to
Oren

Even I've heard of King James.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Not going to get into a religeous debate here, but the question of whether Jesus of Nazareth lived some 2000 years ago is not a question of faith or conjecture. It is a historic documented fact.

The only question that remains a matter of faith is if he was who he claimed to be.. In order for him to be the son of God, you must believe God exists. This is neither provable nor disproveable, so remains a matter of faith.

When it comes to the old testement, the proof of whether some character or another actually existed gets a lot more difficult.

Some are historically verifiable. Some are not.

Reply to
clare

It makes no sense to buy lantern batteries when the batteries cost more than a new lantern with battery.

KC

Reply to
KC

In my experience (yes, I did test a bunch) alkaline batteries last four times as long as carbon cells. The Walmart near me, the cheap lantern went from 3.50 to 4.50. So if the alkaline lantern battery is cheaper than $18, it's a good deal.

Of course, you can't give an Energizer alkaline lantern battery to four kids, to play flash light tag out in the field. So, the cheap lanterns have their uses.

Alkaline batteries last a LOT longer on the shelf, so they are good for hurricane preps.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sure he existed - he was some dark skinned Jewish kid who caused lots of problems for the authorities.

Reply to
dgk

Used to wander off, too. Gave his parents fits. Why, I remember the one time he was eleven or twelve, and he wandered off to see the temple, and his parents didn't know where he was. They found him hours later, and he dissed them "who is my father?" he asked. D'uh, like he didn't know who was Joseph or something. I guess he didn't listen to Dr. Laura Schlessinger show.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Actually not. The stories are a conglomeration of other stories floating about the area. If there was a real jesus, there were actually piles of them, religious nutjobs eeking a living spinning tales for the gullable.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

He claimed to be the son of god?

cite

Reply to
bud--

"God" is a non-entity other than in the imaginations of deluded people. In the real world, non-entities don't have sons.

Reply to
real1