Battery self discharge

I have a Tracfone with a lithium ion battery. The phone is just for emergencies and is off most of the time. How long will the battery retain it's charge? In other words, how often should I recharge it?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

I make a habit of recharging once a month. I suppose I could get away with once every 6 months.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

The simplest way to know for sure is to try it over time with that specific phone and the way you use it. It's not even clear what you mean by off most of the time. That could be off 99.9% of the time except for a real short emergency call or it could mean it's off 70% of the time, which is radically different.

Reply to
trader4

Not sure the bar that shows charge level is accurate. I try to keep mine charged to near top level after bleeding off some minutes a couple of months ago and seeing phone run down after maybe 25 minutes. Wife got me a car battery cigarette lighter charger and I charge it on longer drives. Only use when I have to but don't want to run out when I really need it.

Frank

Reply to
Frank