Battery life is not up to scratch

What is "up to scratch" mean? "the battery life on their device is not up to scratch" http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-5-problems-539900/
Searching web pages for definition "is up to scratch" must be idiom. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/up+to+scratch
It means "ready" to fight? How is battery ready to fight?
On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 2:48:05 PM UTC-5, Vlad Lescovitz wrote:

Did you even read the information at the link you provided?
| What is "up to scratch" mean? | "the battery life on their device is not up to scratch" | http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-5-problems-539900/ | | Searching web pages for definition "is up to scratch" must be idiom. | http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/up+to+scratch | | It means "ready" to fight? | How is battery ready to fight?
It means just what your link says:
Meeting the requirements. In fit condition.
They expected the battery to last longer than it does.
Ironically, the author of that article appears to be from India. I think of the expression as archaic. No one says it now. But maybe it was originally a British expression and thus became common Indian usage.
On Sunday, January 3, 2016 at 3:21:02 PM UTC-5, Mayayana wrote:

I have used the alternative expression, up to snuff, on occasion.
Of course, I use some other "archaic" expressions on occasion also.
They're fun and they still fit.
On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 12:40:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I agree. I have the feeling Americans don't use metaphors much anymore and that our language is boring.
Whoever counts the posts here: Could you count the metaphors too and let us know?
On Mon, 4 Jan 2016 03:39:10 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

An insightful thought, but no, not for me. I don't pay those furiners any mind. I don't think the others do either.

On 1/4/2016 6:25 AM, Micky wrote:

I'd guess that's "not my job".
Metaphors and expressions are fun when both parties of the first and second part know what they mean. I've had more than a few which left me blank, as I didn't have the background to know what the heck that all meant.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Ferget abbout it...
--
Tekkie

On Sun, 3 Jan 2016 19:48:01 -0000 (UTC), Vlad Lescovitz

No.

It means up to par, of normally good quality.