Battery Drills: I now have 4 bad ones.

Page 3 of 3
One time, I turned a cordless screw driver into a corded model. For a guy who does factory work. The power supply plug came from www.sciplus.com American Science and Surplus. I had to open the case, and then wire the power supply to the wires inside the case.
It sure is a good idea. I bought 12 volt drills from HF so I could power them off a car battery after the nicads went dead.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Phil Again wrote:

I too had four (4) worn out B&D 14.4V packs and replacements are no longer available. For $40 I sent one to a place in PA that rebuilt it with fresh batts of higher capacity and it easily powers all my devices with more power than before. If I needed another I wouldn't hesitate to use this service. I wish I could find my bookmark of this place but I am sure someone here will remind you.
Just my $1,98 worth (not $200 worth)

http://www.primecell.com/pctools.htm
Bedford, PA.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Battery packs are easy and cheap to rebuild, and contrary to what people say, YES you can solder to NiCd cells. As long as you use a good heavy high-wattage soldering IRON, not a "soldering gun."

That's because you fall for the scam, and buy garbage tools. They see you coming. Buy something halfway decent like Ryobi One+. Replacement batteries are cheap, two for $50 at Home Depot, and even less on eBay. The nice thing about Ryobi is that the battery design hasn't changed in years.

Normally they don't last 1/3 that long. You did well. What are you complaining about?