Battery boost

Page 4 of 6
On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 10:53:32 -0700, Don Y

Not too well, I would imagine.
On 1/1/2016 9:18 AM, Eagle wrote:

I'm with you. Hate to be stranded some where, when I can grab the booster pack and get my own vehicle going. So far, I've been very fortunate, had people stop and offer help when I have needed it.
It helps to lift the hood, and stand in front of the vehicle, holding the jumper clamps in left hand like Statue of Liberty. Smile, and make eye contact.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

If you have to boost a car from behind, you need the long cables. Just pull in the driveway behind, pull out the cables, connect and go.
I don't carry 25 footers any more either - but did for yeas when I was in that business. On my Ramcharger I had plugs on the fender so I didn't even nave to lift my hood
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca explained :

Battery terminals on the fenders? Did you install that?

Yes. I had a set of welder plogs mounted in the fender, with a solenoidwitch to control power to them. Plug the cables into the fender, sten clamps to "cudtomer" battery, flip the switch on the dash and crank the car being jumped. Then turn off the switch on the dash, disconnect cables from car and unplug from the truck, throw cables into back of truck and away we go.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca submitted this idea :

Inovative indeed.

Had air shocks on the front too, to help support the Frink plow I had on it. I could quickly adjust for plow on or plow off. That plow frame alone was heavy enough (full fish-plate mount) without the plastic plow blade.
On Friday, January 1, 2016 at 8:54:42 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Plow On...Plow Off...The Plower!
;-)
On Fri, 1 Jan 2016 18:03:47 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

One spring (1977?) my brother was going out for the first slalom of the season (solo 1 - autocross sort of thing on a shopping mall parking lot) with his modified Cricket (mitsubishi Galant sold by Plymouth) and I went over to Woodstock Ontario with him - in the Ramcharger. I still had the snows on, the plow was off, but it still had the plow frame. I decided to have som fun and entered. Because of the displacement and wheelbase I was in the same class as a Corvette.
Three runs -First 2 I totallycreamed the Vette. He finally had a good run on the third. His best time and my best time were within 1/100 second. I beat him 2 runs out of 3, but his best bested my best - by 1/100second. I felt pretty good about it!!
On 1/1/2016 9:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Did you use cables, or a booster pack?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

lol
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 08:40:12 -0500, Stormin Mormon

A booster pack of course. (never hear of JATO)
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca explained on 1/2/2016 :

A booster pack IS a JATO. They are used on cargo planes like the C-130 Hercules.

As I was saying. Jato booster pack on Rancharger to beat the 'Vette!! (Not really - but - - -)
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca pretended :

Oh...got it. lol

Small rockets attached to military planes to allow them to take off on short runways. Jet assited take off.
On Sat, 2 Jan 2016 12:50:31 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"

I missed putting in the ? - it was arhetorical question
Uncle Monster laid this down on his screen :

Farm Truck and Azn put one of those JATO rockets on a 3 wheeled bike on "Street Outlaws". Farm Truck took off like a cat with a rocket up it's butt... 8-o
DerbyDad03 used his keyboard to write :

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca explained :

I had to look up "Frink plow" and "full fish-plate mount". :-?