Battery boost

And they make or made battery cables with a warning if they were connected backwards. In 50 years, and a couple hundred jumps, I only did that once and didn't do any damage.

Reply to
Micky

A good heavy set of booster cables in the trunk. The modern ones are pretty small. I've made some from welding cable and heavy duty clamps. Those are for work use. I bought one of these from Amazon.

I haven't tried it yet and can't remember why I chose it over the others.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I carry jumper cables in both vehicles, and use them now and again. Maybe three or four times a year. Maybe not that often. As to dangerous, one needs to follow the directions and operate safely.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I think someone needs a hug.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It was a very short run print, they had so many other "Lassie and" books to make. That one is very collectable.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Gonna do some butt humping, eh?

Reply to
burfordTjustice

Naah, that's only for choirboys.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

(((((lol)))))

Reply to
Eagle

Micky has brought this to us :

Did you jump her Micky?

Reply to
Eagle

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc brought next idea :

Reply to
Eagle

I'm jealous. Been a few years since a young lady wanted me to jump her, but I'm happily married anyway.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

+1

I used welding cable (fine strands), large clamps (the sort that have jaws that pivot to expose the "clip on prongs" for batteries with those "top mount" cables) and then ran the mess through some 1" metal braid to keep the two conductors side-by-side for their entire length. Heavy but the added length and quality has lasted me some 40 years...

Reply to
Don Y

So am I...47 years worth, but a young beauty wants a jump, who am I to deny her?

Reply to
Eagle

I'm not even allowed to think about such things. Another trip to confession.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Life is no damn good, without a laugh now and again.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please enlighten Me on this 'confession' thing. Is it like the catholic confession where you go into a booth and tell whoever is on the otherside of the blind your latest thoughts on sex and other Creator given pleasures?

Reply to
Eagle

Mormons do confession, also. A Bishop or Stake President is authorized to hear all the various sins. He then guides the member as to what is needed to receive forgiveness (from God, the church, society). This is typically done in a church office, over or across the corner of a desk.

I'm using the expression a bit lightly. Which isn't really proper, but I hope folks will forgive my irreverance.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

And as cheap as a :good: set of long jumpers. A 25 foot set of 1/0 cable is $250 just for the cable at $5 per foot, and then you need good ends too. A good set of Goodall 500 amp clams is about $75, so $325 for a set of

500 amp 25 foot cables.
Reply to
clare

You should be careful how you word your responses.

If one wanted to, one could read your response to mean that "what is needed to receive forgiveness" is "typically done in a church office, over or across the corner of a desk."

Just exactly what the "this" in your last sentence refers to is not clear.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca used his keyboard to write :

I never pay more than $10.00 for jumper cables.

Reply to
Eagle