Bathtub wall tiles peeling...

I guess the previous owner had an old bathtub/tiles sprayed with some kind of white enamel paint or something because some of the edges of the tiles that are hit by water constantly are starting to peel/crack off exposing the original ugly tile underneath.
I bought "porc-a-fix" at home depot and was going to give that a try to prevent water from getting into the tiles and peeling it inside out, but is there a more common way to touch-up the tiles treated with such an overcoat? Are there spray-on glossy white enamel paints I should use instead?
Any tips/suggestions much appreciated!

Ever heard the term "cob job"? Sounds like the prior owner did a real cob job with your walls. Tear it all down and do it right. It'll be a pain in the ass, but you'll feel so good when it looks gorgeous, and the installation is as bulletproof as you can make it.
It might be a poor refinishing job. We had two bathrooms tiles refinished in the previous house and with reasonable care it held up for a good 5 years until we moved.

snipped-for-privacy@paulbunyan.net says...

Tile is not failing at all. I used the porc-a-fix and I think it should do the job of preventing any further peeling. I'll go to home depot though and see what kind of good oil-based enamel in white they have, tnx for the tip...I'll also see if they sell anything specifically for this purpose, tiles are in good shape otherwise

Home depot will not have the paint you need. Go to a real paint store. I go to sherwin williams. They call theirs "insustrial enamel" and it is a real problem fixer, will adhere to almost any problem surface. Just remember mineral spirits or paint thinner for clean up on oils.