Bathtub trap suction

I am replacing the tub...when the basement washer drains ...I think it sucks the water out of the bathtub trap?? as we can smell the septic odour...The previous owner had sealed the overflow and kept the plug in.
I asked one plumber they didn't know why? not getting him. I would like this fixed right and need to know what to ask the plumber and what I need to hear from them.
Anyone have issues with acrylic tubs? airjet ones?
CathyLee
CathyLee wrote:

You are on the right track, find another plumber. Sounds like you have a venting problem. Might be able to be fixed by: clearing a clogged vent installing a "loop vent" installing a mecahnical air vent relocating the washer drain The loop vent and air vent are only allowed in certain situations, so make sure you get a permit and an inspection. Don't deal with any plumber that says "This can be fixed without a permit".
Was the basement washer added after the house was built?
I think the washer vent was added after to the main output -going to the septic about 5 ft above the basement floor into the wall.. there is a trap...is this allowed? Where else could I put the washer drain tube so I can keep the washer downstairs?
Thanks for your help CathyLee

CathyLee wrote:

I was going to answer your question, but that darn Ray covered it so well, there is nothing to add.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
venting info: http://www.free-ed.net/sweethaven/BldgConst/Plumbing01/lessonmain.asp?iNum=fra0309