bathtub surface sealant?

I am sure the answer is on the internet, but I have been unable to come up with the correct keyword combination to find it.
The problem is a whirlpool bathtub in the bathroom. It functions well enough, but the surface seems to attract dirt and needs a scrubbing almost after every use. It is an acrylic/plastic type of surface, not enamel or porcelain.
I was wondering if there is some sort of product (like a silicon based sealant/protectant or something) that could be applied to the surface and applied after a good cleaning so that it would be a lot more resistant to surface 'scum' buildup?
TIA for any info or clues.
Try car wax. Don't stand on the waxed surface unless it has a rough bottom or you have a mat.
Gel-Gloss Look it up. I've never used it or car wax, but I'm thinking that there really isn't much of a difference between the two.