-=Bathtub Question/Advice=-

Hi, Soon I will remove my shower doors which have about 3 screws on each side and a few on the bottom. The screws are screwed in the tub. My question is what is the best/easiest way to fill these screw holes? Regular size screws. Should I use spackle then sand it and finally use some poercelain substance?? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!! Dave

Dave

What is the tub made of? Cast iron? Fiberglass?

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

sorry, fiberglass

Reply to
Dave

Dave:

D > Soon I will remove my shower doors which have about 3 screws on each D > side and a few on the bottom. The screws are screwed in the tub. My questio

D > is what is the best/easiest way to fill these screw holes? Regular size D > screws. Should I use spackle then sand it and finally use some poercelain D > substance?? Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Patching and trying to match the tub colour may tend to enhance the problem. You may want to consider using plastic screw-hole covers -- not sure what they are called but are a cap which fit into the hole like for an entry door or storm door.

  • Writing Rules: Avoid alliteration. Always.
Reply to
barry martin