Bathtub leaking with new seats and stems

My post got buried because I titled the subject the same as another one from 2 years ago. Was hoping someone would give me some new and improved advice...

While replacing a bathtub, I decided to fix a slow leak. I replaced the seats, replaced the stems (made sure they were Price Pfister), but when I turn on the water, I'm still getting a drip, actually a fairly steady stream of water, out the main tub spout. Any thoughts? Is it a tough job to replace the T-shaped pipe that connects the two water supply lines to the outlet? Ugh!!

Reply to
Rich

When you put the new seats in, did you use sealant (not tape) on the seat threads? If not, they will leak. Other than that, try a different washer material (softer). Or, there is some flaw in the faucet casting (inlikely)/.

Why do you want to change the TEE? That wouldn't have anything to do with dripping out the spout.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

One other thing to check is the size of the screw head that secures the washer. If the head is too large, it will contact the seat before the washer.

Reply to
Andy Asberry