Bathtub install questions

We are in the beginning process of remodeling our small family bathroom. We are swiching out the cabinet style sink w/ a pedestal, putting in a new one piece toilet and ripping out the old floor (Including sub floor). Right now I'm trying to figure out what to do w/ the bathtub/shower. Structurally the tub is sound, however it's about 60 years old. It's chipped and dirty no matter how much I clean it. There are flat white ceramic tile in the surround that are in good shape but for the mold issues in the grout. My choices seem to be: leave the tub and surround as is (the worst choice) Have Rebath or something like that, come in and put a new coating over the surround and the tub. Having a new tub and surround installed (from a kit) New tub and ceramic tile (but I'm worried about mold in the grout again)
I really have no idea what the best thing to do would be. We are trying to do this as economically as we can. Any thoughts or ideas?
Knit Chic wrote:

You could try *painting* the tub yourself. Hardware stores sell epoxy paints specifically for this. Tried it once and it looks OK but I moved shorty after and don't know how it holds up.
The right way to di it is to replace the tub. The paints don't last very long. A few years if you are lucky.