Bathtub Faucet Washer Sizes

I am trying to repair a bathtub faucet leak on an old house. The main problem was that the seat was damaged. I managed to remove it and grind it flat and smooth. Although the leak stopped, I would like to replace the washer also. The problem is the size. It is a flat washer with an outside diameter of 15/16 inch and I can't find one anywhere in town and had no luck searching the web for an online plumbing supply store. Is 15/16 a common size? Any suggestions where I could find a washer this big?
bbford wrote:

Try an old-fashioned hardware store or a local plumbing supply.
Maybe: http://www.paulsupply.com/categories.asp?intCatI1
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/index.html
Jim
They normally have a number or letter on the flat side. Look for it -- 00 or 1/4L or something like that. I don't know that anyone goes by diameter.
Sometimes a smaller one mushes out when you put the screw into the center.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I agree. The sizing never made much sense as far as the "S" "M" "L" (small medium large). How they ever arrived at that always puzzled me. But if you match what it says, it will fit.
Ace Hardware has a large selection of washers.
There should be a washer available for any size ever made.