Bathtub conversion into a shower

I want to convert a regular bathtub in one of our bathrooms into a shower for occasional use without spending lot of money, I am thinking of using a shower curtain ring/hoop hanging of the ceiling and wall, has anyone done this before, I have seen lot of posts where they have done this using a clawfoot tub but not with a regular tub with drywall. If anyone has done this or see any issues with this, please let me know.

The ring I am thinking of using is similar to this one..

Thanks.

S.B

Reply to
Man0478

Had one some years ago in an appartment we rented. Pretty cramped, and there were mechanical stability problems. For occasion use, probably Ok, but if you have the funds, I'd go for some sort of liner over the dry wall, and a real shower head.

Reply to
professorpaul

It will work but your drywall wont last long.

Reply to
m Ransley

:I want to convert a regular bathtub in one of our bathrooms into a :shower for occasional use without spending lot of money, I am thinking :of using a shower curtain ring/hoop hanging of the ceiling and wall, :has anyone done this before, I have seen lot of posts where they have :done this using a clawfoot tub but not with a regular tub with :drywall. If anyone has done this or see any issues with this, please :let me know. : :The ring I am thinking of using is similar to this one.. : : : :Thanks. : :S.B Yeah, that looks pretty good and is similar to what one of my housemates did on the upstairs bathroom some years ago. There's an old clawfoot tub in there and he went up into the attic and dropped 4 very long threaded rods down through the bathroom ceiling and they hold up the curtain support device. He attached some hose that looks like surgical hosing to the spout for the tub and clamped on a shower head. He also put up about

3 different shower curtains to totally enclose the makeshift shower. It works. If you do something like that, you may not have to pay much attention to the drywall. Otherwise, if water goes right on the drywall, you have to make sure the primer/paint and caulking will withstand the onslaught of water.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Musicant

:href="

"/>> :

Thank you Dan and everyone else that replied to my question, I only plan on using it for at the most couple of months and not regularly even for the two months. I will use the shower hoop/rod and see how it goes. Thanks Again.

S.B

Reply to
Man0478

I used to have one. Use cheap plastic rings to hang the curtain, something that will let go easily. It's easy to stumble in one of those rings, and if you do you'll grab the curtain. It's all there is to grab.

Reply to
trbo20