bathtub clips

Got this new American Standard tub which came with two clips, at least I think that's what they are. Offset in the middle so the screw half is snug to the wall and the other half is out a bit. The new tub is installed but not level side to side, but level front to back. Where the heck do the clips go? The edge of the tub against the wall is low so I figure they should go there somewhere but how would they catch the edge of the tub? Or do they even go on the wall? Thanks for any tips, honest to goodness there is nothing out there on the net for this.

Reply to
Toronto Can't

They are supposed to hold the top lip of the tub to the studs of the wall.

Reply to
habbi

Never seen a tub come with clips. Sure they don't fit on the feet somehow to level them? Or if the tub is plastic, not metal, maybe they are to secure it to the wall so it doesn't float when tile guy stands in it. You wanna level that tub before you close the walls in, or you will have drainage problems, and a heck of a time getting a decent looking tile job. The sill under the wallboard flange should be level end-to-end and room-side-to-wall-side. Test proper slope with a cup of water or a handfull of marbles. (but don't let the marbles go DOWN the drain). If liquid or marbles don't run right toward the drain, tub is installed wrong. Back in stone age, we set tubs on a 2x2 rail nailed level to studs all the way around, with nailer plates between studs, to catch the bottom edge of hardiboard. And if it is over a slab or against outside wall, don't forget to insulate behind and under the tub, to avoid January Butt syndrome. (Really not a bad idea in any location- keeps hot bath hot longer- the women in your house will thank you.)

Really, it ain't rocket science, and every tub I ever unpacked had good instructions printed right on the box. If your box is gone, go back to store and look at the same model.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers