Bathtub capacity?

What is the capacity of an average, US, standard run-of-the-mill built in bathtub filled up to the very bottom of the overflow?
Thanks!

42 gallons

------ Let me clarify. All the standard size American Standard tubs are 42 gallons. I also went to the Kohler site and they are the same. When in doubt RTFM!
Ralph D. wrote:

Just over the top of Ma's big toe.....

Husband helping wife take a milk bath: "You want pasteurized?"
Wife: "No, up to my boobs will be fine".
The last time I tried to figure it out, I measured the length, width, and depth. In inches. Multiply. Whever you get, divide by the constant of 231 (number of cubic inches in a galon).
Came out about 50, for me.
I have no clue what the national average is.
Other useful facts. A cubic foot of water contains 7.48 galons, and weighs 62.5 pounds.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Depends on how many people are in the tub.....
;-]

in
And how much they might be sloshing that water around!
Heh!
Actually, I need to put all of my seed starting equiptment and gardening implements in it and sanitize them as the cooperative extension feels I have a nasty fungus (errrrrr... my flats, packs, trays and utensils and such... not me) and I need to soak them in a 10:1 mixture with Clorox. Someone says 40 and someone says 50, and since I have quite a few of them to do, I think I'll fill it to just below the overflow and dump a gallon and a bit more in and call it close enough.
Thanks for the input!

have
says
think
in
Uh, probably too late, but if you have any place to store it, I'd recommend a plastic mortar box or a garbage can (if your stuff will fit in), outside, versus the same tub you plop your naked arse down in. Doing production line cleaning like that will take some soaking time, make the bathroom stink, and the inevitable splashing will likely leave you with little white spots on the decor. Not to mention the Ewww! factor, of course, thinking about what was growing on the gardening containers.
aem sends....

such...
recommend
outside,
line
and
Old bathtub in the unfinished basement never even gets used. I'm the only one to take a leak or dump in there cause they do go ewwwwww... and if you ever had to wait and wait your turn, that's a good thing that's there's always one hole waiting :-) Ha ha... not that bad, really... just block wall and cement floor and an old wall mount sink that's great for washing greasy hands and nobody can bitch about it... then every now and then take about a half bottle of dish soap and smear it all over it and let it sit for an hour and loosen the grease and rinse it down and it's good for another few weeks. I keep saying that one of these days I'm gonna add a shower to that old tub and cover the block with something cheap and then they can do whatever they want or don't want to do to the upstairs bath and I'll be just fine with my own. Always been too cold down there since the days we lived in the foundation while we did the shell and put a furnace in instead of the old wood burner we had back then. With the addition of the gas and the new heater down there it might happen this year... a little 'Man' space, ya know??????
www.tubgirl.com

Fuck you, moron. You must be a proud man.

Someone
stink,
on
only
you
washing
take
another
do
lived
the
new

This is Turtle.
I didn't have to go look for that is just Oscar for you. Tube girl is Oscar's prize winning Photo.
TURTLE
My tub can fit 2 adults. Male or female in any combination.

AIN'T SHE A BEAUT?!??!