bathtub appliques

Hi, Does anyone know of a good way to remove those annoying bathtub appliques from an acrylic tub? thanks! Chas
Chas12 wrote:

Did you read the responses already posted to your prior request?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Were you expecting private e-mail responses ? You posted this question already and should be able to locate the answers we gave.
Bill
No, I wasn't expecting private responses. My program was giving me trouble. In fact it STILL doesn't show my original post. If someone can repost the responses here, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Chas

Chas12 wrote:

Look here: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/browse_frm/thread/724ff3296fc42401/b9e1510e198380d1?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2#b9e1510e198380d1

REPOST of missing earlier post --
Stubby wrote, "But you could try a hairdryer (CAREFUL!!!) to soften the glue."
I believe this is worth a try since most contact cements as used on the appliques are heat sensitive. Method I would use is to warm the area with a hair drier, pick up a corner using a knife blade, then gradually peel the applique off while gripping it with tweezers or pliers, all the while, keeping the immediate area pretty warm with a hair drier. As Stubby said, be careful not to apply enough heat it to affect the plastic of the tub.
SJF
In that case, in summary. Goo-gone, napthaline (lighter fluid) or something with xylene in it. Test anything on a small spot first, fiberglass can be damaged.
To find the old post try either pressing the "new headers" button a few times on your reader or increase the number of posts downloaded in the settings (in outlook express, it is Tools menu, choose Options, select Read tab). If you are using a browser to read NG try searching. If your still having problems try posting a question about that in the appropriate NG.