bathrooms

Have you ever come accross a separate His and Hers main bathroom and what is you opinion on this concept?
fran wrote:

Yes and I like it.

Yes. Good idea.
We have two bathrooms. While we both use both, I shower in one and my wife in the other. Eliminates problems of finding the shampoo or shaving cream because the other person moved your stuff, the towel is where I expect it to be, etc. If I was building, I'd make two again. The would not necessarily be from the master bedroom either unless it had a very good and very quiet exhaust fan. Don't want those vapors creeping into the bedroom.

Never had one- but it seems like a great idea, especially if both folks are working the same shift.
I don't want to wait for her- and she doesn't want to go in there after me.<g>
There's also all that 'product' - I'd love to have a bathroom with just my stuff in it. [and she'd love a really girly room]
We don't keep the same schedule these days, but if I was building a house I'd rather have two smaller master baths than one of those living room sized monsters I see on TV.
[as an afterthought- I might put two doors on the man-bath- one to a hallway/guestroom]
Jim
on 3/29/2008 7:09 AM Jim Elbrecht said the following:

Put them on the Woman's bathroom. The Men's bathroom is probably a mess. :-)
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

No, but I know several private homes that have installed a urinal in one of the bathrooms and like it.

I get requests for this kind of arrangement in more expensive homes. There are variations with some shared fixtures. T
fran says...

Nope.
If it works for the occupants of the house, it's a Good Thing for them to have. If they don't like it, it's a Bad Thing.
Is this a house you're buying or building or remodding for yourselves?
Banty
fran wrote:

Yes. ife & I each have our own lavatory and toilet, shower and tub are semi-separate from them. She likes to leave stuff out on counter, I don't. I can't see her stuff so we are both happy.
--

dadiOH

Great idea for indoor plumbing. My outdoor privy has twin holes for emergencies, ya know. >G<
Joe

You find them in high-end housing, and what is not to like??
nancy
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 01:30:41 -0700 (PDT), fran

I've seen homes with separate baths and bathrooms with dual showers/sinks. I mean, who wouldn't prefer an unshared bathroom, always available, always private, no exceptions, no interruptions?

Yes. Don't need another bathroom in the house, have too many as is. Master bathroom too large, wife rather use the footage in a larger the walk-in closet. The lady never have enough clothes or shoes!