Bathroom Vessel Sink Height on Countertop

What is a typical height that an on the top counter should sit? I would like to put a vessel sink on a vanity that is 33" high. The sink is 6" high. Is 39" too high for the lip of the sink?
I'm redoing the countertop, so I suppose I could make the cutout so that half of the sink is above, have below the counter.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote in message

A standard counter surface is 36 inches above the floor. An accessible sink rim meeting ADA standards is no more than 34 inches above the floor.
Tom Baker