Bathroom vanity top stain

My neighbor asked my opinion on this and I'm turning to the experts. She has a dark gray with speckles (granite appearance) vanity in her bathroom which she thinks is Corian but not sure. She has kept a white pill holder, about 8 inches square, on the counter for about a year and now the color in that spot has whitened. Any idea on how to clean it if it is Korean? And if it's not? I saw it and it's pretty unsightly.

Thanks.

Reply to
Liz

I am no expert on this subject.

Soft scub is recomended by Dupont for cleaning Corian. It should also be safe for most oter surfaces.

Try not to get it in the eyes of the Koreans.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

You can also sand Corian down to remove the stain and buff it out. I can't imagine Corian staining that bad since its non-porous. It is most likely cultured marble with a granite finish. The gelcoat on cultured marble is not that wonderful as you can't even use plumbers putty on it. Might need to remove the sink top and take it to a kitchen and bath place to have them sand and recoat it if it's cultured marble. Or throw down 200-300 and buy a new one.

Liz wrote:

Reply to
Mike

LOL! Corian didn't pass SpellCheck - Korean was suggested and I hit "change" instead of "ignore"!!!

Thanks for the tip!!

Liz

Reply to
Liz

On 1/31/2005 9:16 PM US(ET), Liz took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

If you are planning to use the name Corian in the future, add it to your user dictionary

Reply to
willshak